Axis of Oversteer
Now, call us cynical skeptics, but so far we have not seen evidence that satisfies us one way or the other about the GT-R and other cars it has been compared to. "Godzilla the Giantkiller"is just too good a magazine selling headline not to be taken with a grain of salt. There have been many tests but none have had the level of detail or transparency to convince us fully.Theres the challenge. Now why are they picking the GT2 Porsche vs the 911 ? Why pick the rear wheel drive - $190,000 car vs the $70,000 GT-R ? Unbiased ?
So here is what we propose: Axis of Oversteer will supply a Porsche GT2 and we make an open call to curious owners of a Nissan GT-R to provide Godzilla for head-to-head testing.
So how would this work? Obviously this would be in consultation with with the GT-R owner but the main goal is to eliminate as many variables as possible.
Here are the basic points:
1. Cars will be tested on the same day, under the same conditions.
2. Cars should be stock (disclaimer: CG installed rear seats in his GT2).
3. Both cars will carry data loggers and video cameras.
4. All results will be made available on our site.
5. We are based in NYC so testing would be at one of our local tracks, to be determined.