Tony Quinn in the VIP Petfoods Nissan GT-R and Jim Richards in the 911 GT2 were battling back and forth at the Rally Tasmania yesterday, today Tony managed to strech the gap to a 14.4 second margin winning the event. Tony Alford in the Donut King GT-R finished in 5th place.
1. Tony Quinn / Naomi Tillett, Nissan GTR, 1h39m00.4s
2. Jim Richards / Barry Oliver, Porsche 911 GT2, +14.4s
3. Jamie Vandenberg / Simon Vandenberg, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, +1:56.2
4. Tony Longhurst / Linda Long, Subaru Impreza WRX STIm +2:21.2
5. Tony Alford / Kelly Handley, Nissan GTR, +3:55.3
6. Simon Gillet / Kathy Norton, Subaru Impreza WRX STI, +4:57.9
“It’s great to win a fantastic event,” Quinn said.Source: Rally Sport Magazine
“We had to push really hard today to keep Jim (Richards) at bay, but we managed to bring it home.
“We have not had any problems all weekend. The car has been terrific, and will only get better if it is wet in future events.”