Two new things from the guys over at the NAGTROC forums. The first is the 2012 US Owners Manual. One member stumbled across it on Nissans site.
It is available here : 2012 Nissan Owners Manual
One interesting part from the manual - Launch Control, and its even listed in the manual this time. LC4. 4,000 rpms. Expect some 0-60 times in the high 2 second range. LC4 can only be used 4 times consecutively to protect the transmission and clutches.
R MODE START FUNCTIONThe next items are a couple of videos from Nissan in the UK, with an over view of the 2011 UK (2012 US) car.
This function enables the driver to start acceleration from a stop by selecting R mode with the
VDC and transmission setup switch. The engine output will be maintained at approximately 4,000
rpm. When using the R mode or the R mode start function, always use proper seating position and follow the safety instructions in Section 1 of this manual
HOW TO USE R MODE START FUNCTION
position. M& or A& 1. Move the shift lever to the
2. Select the R mode with the transmission “VDC, transmission and setup switch. (suspension setup switches” page 5-24)
3. Select the R mode with the VDC setup switch.
4. Depress the brake pedal firmly with your left foot and keep depressing the brake pedal.
5. Depress the accelerator pedal quickly to the floor with your right foot while the brake
pedal is depressed. The engine speed will increase to approximately 4,000 rpm and
will be maintained.
6. Within 3 seconds after depressing the accelerator pedal, release the brake pedal.