Carter from Import Tuner wrote in the May 2010 issue of Import Tuner Magazine, 10 reasons he likes the Z34 370Z , more than the R35 GT-R. The 370z is certainly a great sports car, but it does look like a redheaded stepchild next to the GT-R.
A couple of the reasons Carter likes the 370z.
10. Clutch pedal. Micro-second shifts are for the birds. I'll take my half-assed heel-toe over paddle shifters any day.Twice in this short post, he mentions Olivia Munn. I think he might have a thing for her. I will have to ask him. Those three points are all valid points. The clutch is a sticking point for a lot of people, however for the future the third pedal is going away. Emissions requirements mean taking the shift control away from the driver.
6. Curb weight. The R35 weighs in at around 600 lbs heftier than the Z34, or the equivalent of the former cast of Jon & Kate Plus Eight or one and a half The Biggest Loser contestant(s).
4. Price. Can you afford an R35? I sure can't. Take away the fact that I work in print-automotive print, at that-unless I made well into six figures, I'm more likely to score with Olivia Munn than an R35.
Weight . Well…. all wheel drive, twin turbo. Yes its heavy. Its going to be heavy. If it were smaller, less powerful,slower, and had less amenities, we would call it a Mitsubishi Evo or a Subaru WRX.
7. Roadster. So this one's a bit of a stretch, I know. But still, the GT-R has not and does not come in an SPF-friendly iteration.Roadster ? I think Carter might be turning gay on us. Next we know, he will be in a bright pink Miata or a New VW Beetle. I wonder if he sold his Nissan Skyline GT-R ? Carter has had an R32 and an R33 Skyline GT-R.
2. Tunability. 370Z + Bolt-on modifications = GT-R killer. Proof? Super Lap Battle, November 2009: Our project Z34 (p. 66) spanked not one, but two modified R35s. Let that swirl around for a minute. Two, as in a pair of GT-Rs.A 370z beating modified GT-R’s at the track ? More a matter of the correct steering wheel gasket than the car. The Greddy twin turbo, coilovers, 380mm braked, and Tyler McQuarrie driven Z did a 1:59 at Buttonwillow race 13. Steve Millen in a stock GT-R managed a 1:56 during one magazines test. The correct driver is worth seconds and seconds of time.
Rear wheel drive may be fun, but I like all wheel drive for that grip on the street, and on the track, that just can’t be matched.
Source: Import Tuner